"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sunny Saturday

Ruth and I did have our walk yesterday, during a dry period between the morning drizzle and afternoon deluge. The temperature dropped sharply, and by evening it was cold enough to justify a log fire. It was Ruth's very first fire. She wouldn't get too close, but sat at my feet, watching the flames with great interest. I was sitting on the sofa with my Dana on my lap, tapping away at chapter.



This morning I had French toast for brunch.

The day is wonderfully clear and bright. More traffic on the lake--weekenders in their boats, a pair of seagulls soaring above the Bay, and my three-loon chorus. They've been in the "front yard" all morning, close enough to the dock to photograph.



This new bottle of dishwashing soap (I did not purchase it myself) gave me a good laugh when I unearthed it from under the kitchen sink.



Why would they bother calling it "Non Ultra" Dawn? Seems to me the choices ought to Dawn and Ultra Dawn. I wonder what the difference between the two might be? Whatever possessed them to remove the "Ultra-ness" from this version?

Some time weekend Ruth and I will move back to the Lodge, but will return later in the week with Lola and The Chap.

No comments: