"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What season is this?

Lest anybody assume I was exaggerating the past week's unseasonally warm temperatures, I submit this photo as proof:



Yes, it's a flowering forsythia. On November 21. Sometimes this sort of thing happens to forsythia during confusing out-of-season weather. Our current cold snap will shortly put my giant, overgrown shrub to sleep. (And the roses, some of which are nicely budded.) A little while ago when I checked the thermometer, it was 32 degrees cold.

We've got a semblance of springtime indoors as well--my beloved white azalea.




No comments: