"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Committee Overload?

My quiet Monday was followed by incessant activity on Tuesday. Orientation meeting of my Legislative committee (Fish & Game--2 women and 18 men.) Lunch with some of the committee members at Olive Garden. (I had calamari--not a fish, exactly.) Afternoon visit to the Fish & Game Department to meet the staff and be briefed by them.

Left early to attend a diocesan committee meeting. Got back to the Lodge in time for a light supper, cooked up by my man.

There's more in that vein going on the rest of the week.

What's really fun is that yesterday the Chap was attending a committee orientation in the room next to the one I was in at the Legislative Office Building. We were able to connect briefly before and after my meeting. He said it was funny, peeking through the window of the door, and seeing my little curly girly head among all those fellows round the table!

Recently received in the mail a few nifty research books related to my novel. I'll have a few fun tidbits to share on my return. Yes--despite appearances to the contrary, I am still a novelist.

And if I need a reminder of my writing career, my article in ACCENT magazine has garnered some very nice comments. Haven't seen it yet myself, my comp issues haven't arrived. I'll try and buy a copy somewhere.


No comments: