"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Meet Jewel

My name is Jewel. I'm a Border collie cross.

This is me coming off the dog transport. It looks like I have two heads because I was moving around. I'd been in a crate ever since I boarded the trailer yesterday in Tennesee.



In the car on the way to the Lodge, we listened to a CD by Jewel the singer, in honour of my arrival. (Not her first album, which I understand was way better. This one sort of sucked, so we soon switched to the alt-rock radio station from Boston.)

The Lodge, where I now live with 2 other dogs, is nice and roomy.

I really like to sit on this box.



Ruth says it's time for me to come down.



I'm between 18 months and 2 years old, so I'm a little bit younger than the little dog, and a little big bigger than she is.

I look exactly like the kind of dog that should live here, don't I? Is this me, or Ruth?



It was me! Here's Ruth.



Lola isn't too sure about me. She has some hierarchy issues, but we're working them out.



There's a lot of cold, white stuff on the ground here, very deep. Ruth and I ran around in it all afternoon. We're having so much fun together!

I think I'll sleep really well tonight.


No comments: