"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spirited Sunday

It was a spicy Friday night...because I made curry with the leftovers from the Thursday night chicken. As always, I washed mine down with cider.



It revived memories of our nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner in London.

It was a reflective and thoughtful Saturday, because we're contemplating enlarging our family...lots of conversation about that. I won't say any more because while I'm optimistic about the outcome, I don't want to jinx it.

Watched Breakfast at Tiffany's on Turner Classics. In my opinion, the feline who portrayed Cat is one of the best actor animals on film.

Last week my dear friend lost her cat, a companion for 13 years, leaving her pet-less. My heart breaks. At least it was a peaceful end.

It was a spirited Lenten Sunday. We had the Old Testament lesson of Moses and the burning bush--how freaky is that? The focus of our Via Media Adult Forum was the Holy Spirit--yes, such a simple topic to explore. We were up to the task, resulting in an interesting session.

While in the Undercroft, I admired the handiwork of our church school participants, who made models of animals.



The girls have had their walk, so the Lodge is littered with napping dogs. I might get some writing done, although I'm really more in the mood to read something somebody else wrote. Probably because of the time change (don't get me started...) my brain is very fuzzy and I have a tendency to yawn a lot.


No comments: