"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

An-ti-ci-pay-shun


I've been watching the Publisher's Weekly review pages awaiting a review of my cousin's debut novel, A Good and Happy Child. PW has followed its progress, from sale, to film option, to spring publication announcement, so I knew it was most definitely on their radar screen.

This week's issue has the review. Even better, it's a starred review.

Here's the first sentence: This stunning novel marks the debut of a serious talent. There's an enticing plot summary. It concludes with, "The intelligence and humanity of this thriller should help launch it onto bestseller lists."

One of these days, fairly soon, the entire review will be posted here.

Mind you, this rave review is no surprise whatsoever to his loving cousin, I wouldn't expect anything less. I'm so, so proud and pleased--words can't describe. Can't wait to read it!

My anticipation meter is well into the red zone for another reason.

On Saturday, we'll meet the new four-legged member of our family. Godspeed to her as she begins her journey to New England.


No comments: