"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Winter Break Guest Bloggers

Day 9

Lola: Because She is still recovering from the social and cultural activities of Day 7, and/or is presently preoccupied with her own celebrity and fabulousness (?!), Ruth and I, the canines of the Lodge, are temporarily taking over this blog.

This morning we sat on the back steps. From the Dogs' Stare-case (ha ha), we can monitor activity in the surrounding forest.



As you can see, opinions differ on what's worthy of observation. (This is a rare photo in which Ruth appears to be larger than me, but actually she's half my size. If that.)

Ruth: Snow is fun! I like to run this way...



...or that way.



Lola and Ruth: Tomorrow is Her Birthday. We're trying to work out exactly how old she'll be...in dog years.


No comments: