"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wednesday Reprieve

Based on the predicted length of today's session in the House, which began at 9:30 this morning, I should still be there. However, because of a messy, wet spring snowstorm and deteriorating road conditions, we recessed at 6:25.

Maybe the next session will be the Really, Really Long One, when they have to order in pizza to feed us and keep us voting.

I could hardly get up our hill, the road was such a mess, but I made it back to the Lodge as darkness fell. The man was already preparing supper.

This morning the Chap was in the gallery, observing the debate and vote on the same gender civil unions bill. It passed, 243-129, and now goes on to the Senate.

Later we voted to raise the minimum wage. Since it's an issue I actually campaigned on, I can now tick that box.

On my way into the members' cloakroom this morning, a friend handed over this hilarious shot of me with Senator Obama, who today revealed himself to be the 25 Million Dollar Man.

It appears to refute what I said yesterday about not behaving like a fangirl.



I look positively giddy.

And, I can't resist pointing out, so does he!


No comments: