"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ahhh



Moving through the not-yet-immaculate Lodge, I caught a whiff of a familiar, odd but pleasing scent. The very first passion flower. This is the day I'm moving my monster plant from the kitchen window area onto the screened porch, to join a much younger, recently purchased specimen.

One more thing to rejoice at, in addition to the Chap's imminent return, his sister's arrival, my first wisteria buds, dog bed covers that are well-and-truly laundered, freshly hoovered carpeting, and the omnipresence of those flashy Baltimore orioles.


No comments: