"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day Tripping

This morning Jewel, Ruth and I hit the road, heading north.

After driving half-an-hour, we stopped at a favourite garden centre, where I purchased red flowers: petunias, lantanas, impatiens.

Passing through the village at the lower end of the Big Lake, I was travelling behind two Fish and Game trucks!



They were from the nearby hatchery, no doubt on their way to stock streams and/or rivers with fish.

Soon we arrived at the Cottage on the Big Lake. Ruth remembered that we have another house, and proudly showed Jewel around.



Ruth likes this picture a lot. She was standing nearer the camera, so she looks larger than Jewel instead of smaller!

They helped me plant my flowers (by not getting in my way!). We filled the planters round the house and a hanging basket for the dock.

We're headed to the waterside now. After a bout of indoor tidying up, I'm going to sit by the lake and read.

Very quiet here today. Things will change over the Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments: