"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cleaning up our act

Taking advantage of the sunshine and heat yesterday afternoon, I decided to open the Doggie Spa.

As we beauty mavens know, good "product" is a beauty essential.



Before I finished with my first client, the second one arrived for her appointment.



Mademoiselle Ruth seems happy with the results.



Mademoiselle Jewel smiles during her soaping and massage.



Madame Lola pretends to be invisible under the herb table.



She needn't have worried. Her coat is so thick that she requires a morning appointment, to allow for the desired drying time.

I'm pleased to report that the "calming" properties of the new aromatherapy shampoo were very obvious last night as the young dogs slumbered beside me on the sofa.

A day later, they're still faintly but pleasantly lavender-scented.


No comments: