"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pirate Talk



That's meant to be Johnny Depp, in cookie form. A work of art, eh, me hearties?

Yesterday in morning and evening when the Chap and I were together--when we remembered to--we sort of observed Talk Like a Pirate Day. Life at present is so impossibly hectic that such silliness is very welcome.

To celebrate, we enjoyed the odd yet tasty pirate cookies that I'd purchased in advance, as a surprise.

Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum.

A bottle of anything sounds tempting at the moment but I'm not able to imbibe. In the early morn I'm having one of those blood tests for which they make you stop eating and drinking after 9 p.m. Having blood drawn, whether from a finger prick or a vein in my arm used to make me faint, but in my maturity I've got quite stoic and oh, so brave.

Just like a pirate.


No comments: