"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Our Anniversary


It's not quite as warm today in New Hampshire as it was all those years ago in the Southern town where we married.

Today, here at the cottage, e celebrate our many years of marriage, surrounded by gifts--and dogs.


I could take up space and time with reminiscences of that happiest of weekends, when we began our new life together. And when I visited this state and lake and cottage for the very first time, never imagining that one day I would live and write here.

I was happy then. I'm even happier now, knowing how blessed I have been. On that distant day, I had no idea of the joy and adventure that awaited us.

Thank you, husband of mine.

No comments: