"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Night on the Town

Conveniently, down the corridor from our hotel room is a framed reproduction print showing St. James's Square in an earlier incarnation. I've marked the two houses I photographed earlier today.



We had a lovely meal at our favourite restaurant...ordered the usual dishes, being creatures of habit. We finished off with flan (the Chap) and fried banana with ice cream (me).



Well, to be honest, we really finished off with a glass of port.

Walking Piccadilly, on our way back to the hotel, just before we turned the corner of our street, I shot the Ritz Hotel in all its evening glory.



The Chap stopped at the bar to get some ice. I came up in the elevator by myself.



Not sure whether there'll be any blogging tomorrow. I'm going to be in research mode for most of the day.


No comments: