"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, December 10, 2007

More photos from Over There

I had custody of the Chap's camera during this weekend of partying, and when downloading some shots of mine I finally had the chance to see London and environs through his camera lens.

I don't recall what I was doing the day he headed for Greenwich...there was a reason I couldn't tag along. Anyway, here are his feet, straddling the Prime Meridian:



I do know that I was wandering the Victoria and Albert Museum during his trip down Memory Lane in Lexham Gardens (he's taken me there in the past.) Here's the house in which he lived:



It's the one with the potted trees flanking the doorway. Nowadays, I believe, it's a home for Decayed Gentlewomen or Delicate Elderly Ladies or Aged Frail Females or something like.

We survived the four parties in 48 hours. Next round starts Friday.

My ginormous tree is lighted--lit--strung with lights--and I placed the angel on her perch. The rest of the ornaments will follow at my convenince.

Snow is drifting down from a cloudy grey sky this morning, but I don't expect much accumulation to add to the vast amount still on the ground. It would be a perfect writing day, if not for some "official duties" and a Post Office run.


No comments: