"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Monday, December 17, 2007

Sunday Snow & Tree Triumph

Knowing a Nor'easter was headed our way, the Chap and I dined at our fave Mexican place on Saturday and braved the Manchester traffic to visit a store where we didn't actually purchase much but had fun looking.

The harsh weather on Sunday morning resulted in cancellation of our church service. By mid-morning we had 5 inches or so on top of the however many I said we got on Thursday.

The Chap shovelled in the morning...



...and in the afternoon...and late at night he went outside again to tidy up around the garage doors after the snowplow made its second visit. Altogether we got 8 to 10 inches. It's difficult to be sure because the wind was so fierce all day, causing white-outs and blowing snow everywhere.

I spent my morning and early afternoon completing the most protracted tree-trimming effort ever known. Seven days from start to finish.

The dogs had an interesting day.

Lola: "Wolf Mountain has got so big now that I can't jump over it!"



Ruth: "I'm the littlest dog, and this huge tree makes me feel even smaller!"



Jewel: "What if I don't want to be a reindeer?"



This Monday is gloriously sunny, the fresh snow is deep and glistening. The temperature is only 17 degrees!

No comments: