"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, January 25, 2008

Spilling my heart

The tilapia was fabulous...we couldn't have been more pleased. It looked beautiful too, but I was so eager to devour it I didn't pause to take a photo!

I found this at Ms Dee's place and decided to play.

SPILL YOUR HEART OUT

1. What is the color of your shirt? No shirt, I'm still in my bathrobe. It's blue.


2. Honestly, what's on your mind? I'm wishing the space heater was making me warmer.

3. Honestly, what are you doing right now? Typing on the keyboard and listening to Scott on-air in Dublin.

4. Honestly, do you like Britney Spears? Never did. Feel sorry for her.

6. Honestly, have you done something bad today? Not yet. I'm sure I shall.

7. Honestly, do you watch Disney Channel? Only once. The Chap and I checked out High School Musical (the Original) and cackled all the way through.

8. Honestly, who is the last person you talked to on the phone? My neighbour down the road who wanted another neighbour's phone number because her dog wandered up the hill to the house.

9. Honestly, are you jealous of someone right now? 'Course not.

10. Honestly, what makes you mad most of the time? Liars. Cruel people. Arrogant people. Rude, careless drivers. Rudeness in general. Bigotry. Hypocrisy. Oh, and overuse of the word "Honestly" is fairly annoying....

11. Honestly, do you bite your nails? Never did. Don't now.

12. Honestly, I wish I lived...? I'm perfectly satisfied with my location. I spent too many years trying to get here to want to be any other place!

13. Honestly, do you want to see someone this very moment? My parents and brother. They're used to seeing me in my bathrobe, so it's a safe choice.

14. Honestly, do you have a deep dark secret? Far more than one.

15. Honestly, do you have a friend that you really don’t like? I wouldn't call them a friend if I didn't like them.

17. Honestly, do you like/love anyone? Lots of people.


ANGER SECTION

1. What do you do when you get mad? Depends who made me mad. I use a "mad" voice and have been known to throw things but only if they won't break or hit somebody.

2. What's the worst thing you've done when you were mad? Said really, really bad words, I suppose. I can't remember. I am careful to Do No Harm.

3. Ever made anyone cry when you were mad? Not that I know of. But I've been known to cry when mad.

CRYING SECTION

1. Honestly, when was the last time you cried?
Yesterday driving into the Capitol city, listening to a Dar Williams song. I hadn't heard it in a long time. It's a cheery not a sad song, but I love it so much I got weepy. Just tears, no wild sobbing or anything too histrionic.


2. Ever cried yourself to sleep? A few times. After losing a relative or a dog.

3. Do certain songs make you cry? Oh, yes. Inevitably.

4. What usually makes you cry? Music. Laughing too hard. I do way more crying because of laughter than from being sad.

5. What do you do when you're sad? Get a hug from the Chap. Cuddle a dog or dogs. Read a book.

HAPPY SECTION

1. Is there someone right now, that could do something to make you happy?
I feel responsible for my own happiness, so probably not. I'm home alone...if the Chap were around.... A multi-million dollar book contract with a two-year ms. delivery date attached would make me delirious, but my happiness certainly doesn't depend upon it.


2. Who can make you happy? My spouse. My dogs. The presence of other important people in my life. Especially if they're happy and healthy.

3. Does being with your friends make you happy?
Sure. Unless they have a problem, and then I'm sad and empathetic and try to help.


No comments: