"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ice Out

On Friday afternoon, when I returned home from the State House tour, my mandolin lesson, and shopping for my garden, the last remnants of ice were still floating on our little lake.



Sometime on Friday night or Saturday morning, the ice went out.



Today--Sunday--the Chap and I took the girls for a walk round the lake. When inspected our near neighbour's cottage and dock, the girls enjoyed what must've been a very cold drink.



Ruth decided that swimming season should open as soon as the ice is out.



Jewel waded in and out, but only wee Ruth was brave enough to swim. Repeatedly. Then she shook cold water over all of us.

There was a canoe on the lake yesterday, kayakers today. We're ready to put our canoe in the water, too. Soon!


No comments: