"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Loon on Lake



As I drove past our little lake on my way to the State House, I spotted a waterfowl of a particular size and shape.

Our loon has returned!

I'd left the Lodge early enough that I had a moment to spare. So I hopped out of the car and take some pictures.

Usually we hear him before we see him.

He wasn't there when I came home after a short session--only 90 minutes of legislating. Things got weird right at the end, for protocol rather than political reasons.

Motoring to the Capitol City earlier I heard the beginning of the the Leftover Lunch radio show on Boston's WFNX.

I'm guessing I was the only legislator who drove to the State House singing along with Camper Van Beethoven's "Take the Skinheads Bowling."

Now I can't get it out of my head.

Enjoy.




No comments: