"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Progress

Before leaving the Lodge this morning, I dodged the remaining snow in the front garden and succeeded in visiting my crocus.



At the State House, I was greeted by a snow pile far smaller than it used to be.



Here's what it looked like on Jan. 2:



And in all other respects, the day is very spring-like. I only brought a light jacket to town and I'm not even wearing it because it feels so nice not to!

I came here for a meeting with a State Senator and a House colleague and a troubled constituent. I don't want to say too much, but I knew this was going to be a potentially difficult situation. There were many uniformed officers stationed on the threshhold of the Senator's office. Before the meeting, I was concerned about possible dangers. But my worries were all for naught and everything went smoothly and calmly and I hope good things will result.

Right now I'm in my comfy chair on the basement level of the Legislative Office Building, killing time till my diocesan meeting this afternoon.

I believe I'm supposed to be meeting with some of Nan's fellow parishioners and priest, whom I saw from a distance at the event on Saturday but our paths didn't cross.

Many thanks to my friends for the group hug in yesterday's comments section. Much appreciated.


No comments: