"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fish Tales

Since Sunday we've enjoyed a pleasant quiet time on the Big Lake. June has been extremely busy, socially speaking--as an example, we attended a dinner party on Friday night and another on Saturday night and tomorrow I've got a lakeside picnic. (Different lake!) But after that, life should calm down considerably, allowing even more time here on the Bay. And more time for writing. During this stay, I had my nose in a book almost the entire time and it was heavenly!

My fish's spawn are hatched. The small fry congregate around the dock.



The proud parent is still on guard duty. And I fling worms to him. My worm supply is running out. One of today's several errands is buying more worms.



We had rain yesterday morning and storms all afternoon. During a very brief lull, the Chap made a timely dash down to the Lodge, and so missed this splendid show.



Ruth, Jewel and I head for the other home shortly, after our walk. It's a nice morning so far--hazy sky, but soft sunshine. I look forward to seeing which roses have bloomed in my absence!


No comments: