"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, June 06, 2008

Moth! Mom?

This luna moth greeted us when members of my diocesan committee arrived at one of the Seacoast parishes late yesterday for our meeting:



This morning, the first female turtle migrated from the little lake into our yard to dig her nest and lay her eggs.



Last year the first turtle arrived on May 30. I checked the dates, and June 6 appears in the record, as does June 3. I'd say she's right on time!

Can't help wondering if she's the mother of the little ones I've been raising in the aquarium.

More rain today--it's wonderful. By tomorrow, when 90 degress is forecast, this cool, damp weather will be but a memory....

My two meetings yesterday, legislative and diocesan, went extremely well. I can't help being impressed and humbled by the commitment and dedication of those involved. I'm confident that good work will result.

I am also absolutely flat-out exhausted by this week, with little time to recover before a busy weekend that includes much Lodge-cleaning (company coming!) and a joyous and celebratory event that I might or might not be able to blog about.

For an account of the legislative hijinks in the waning hours of Wednesday night, here's one from the newspaper reporter who was seated right behind my section, tapping diligently on her laptop through the entire crazy circus that unfolded.


No comments: