"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Big White Boat: The Movie

Last week, as I observed the molting dragonfly, I was also filming the Big White Boat on it voyage down the Bay. As you'll plainly hear, the wind was blowing, the water lapping, and Jewel was barking from the porch.

You can also hear a couple of blasts from the boat's horn at the very end, just before it vanishes behind the Point.




Yesterday's Unity Luncheon on Newfound Lake was packed. Nearly all the invitees were female, apart from the NH Public Radio reporter (the station repeatedly plays his report of the event) and various Obama Youth (campaign staffers.) The Senate President and Speaker of the House made some remarks. The place was packed with State Senators and House members. A mini-reunion, a chance to catch up on each other's summer activities. But was it ever hot 'n' muggy.

As it is again today. I'm content here in the coolness of the Lodge. Heat-stunned dogs sleep at my feet while I catch up on correspondence and update three websites. A multi-tasking day: tending to laundry, practicing mandolin, collecting necessities for my imminent return to the cottage.


No comments: