"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, July 06, 2008

My Sunday Stroll--again by the Lake



Another Sunday by the lake. The Chap is at church. The girls were my fellow strollers.

The first sign we come to forbids strolling at high speeds. Ruth pays no attention, possibly because she's so small she can't see the sign. Or even read it.



We dislike this sign because we aren't "slow"--we walk at a fast clip.



The first of the fascinating fungi we noticed.



Flat, reddish mushrooms.



I think this variegated plant is so pretty.



Our favourite mushroom.



On our way to the point of the Point, we stop to admire the wildflower meadow in front of the home of my late legislative colleague. He died in the winter. I'll always regret that I didn't get a chance to compliment the succession planting in his wildflower garden.



As all strolls do, this one ended with a cooling swim in 73 degree water.



My companions are napping now. I'm watching the Wimbledon Men's Final and editing my manuscript and listening to the Big White Boat chug down the Bay and drinking wonderful coffee.

Find other strollers here.


No comments: