"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Peachy!

Yesterday the Chap and I had lunch at our favourite Mexican place in Manchester. The mayor was coming out as we were going in...such a political hotspot!

Then we picked out--and purchased!--all the 12x12 master bathroom floor tile and the 4x4 for the backsplash and jacuzzi tub surround, pictured below. We also ordered the replacement top for our 60" vanity, represented by the little chip. Estimated delivery time: a few weeks.



Last week I purchased a tough little blue ball for Jewel to replace the hollow blue ball that Ruth shredded. This item is now the most popular toy in the house, eclipsing the larger red ball for which they previously competed.



A friend and neighbour has recently returned from a driving trip through mid-Atlantic states. He brought back 10 bushels of fresh peaches from the Pennsylvania farm he visits every year. We were the grateful recipients of fruit. Here's what was left by the time I got round to taking a photo.



We live in the country. We eat a lot of peaches. That's why this song is constantly running through my head:



When I gaze into my crystal ball, I see a Big Lake in my future. But only after a music lesson, supermarket and bookshop, and at least one other errand.


No comments: