"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, October 24, 2008

Frosty

We're getting intense overnight frosts now. Today the dogs' water bowls on the back porch are topped with solid ice. These mornings are very chilly indeed, as I discover when I head outside in my blue fleece robe, camera in hand.

But the frost decorates the landscape beautifully, and it's worth a few minutes of shivering to capture it!







Thanks for the kind sympathy about Roland. After briefly lying in state--his shroud was a brilliantly red maple leaf--private burial was held yesterday, presided over by me, with the dogs as principal mourners. Very dignified, and moving.


No comments: