"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, November 21, 2008

On Arrival



Celebrating my arrival here with a swig of a favourite beverage.

It's a drink best known to me as "perry" but now marketed to the masses as "pear cider." I won't quibble, I'm just relieved it's available to a broader consumer base instead of being merely a niche drink. I fully intend to consume mass quantities!

Today I shall strive to solve a research mystery connnected to my novel. In the afternoon there's a reunion with dear, dear friends now living in France, followed by dinner at a favourite restaurant in a familiar neighbourhood.

I hope that in coming days there will be interesting blog material here. Failing that, at least some interesting photographs!


No comments: