"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Stroll: The Whiteness

Not a lot of outdoor strolling...mostly I was strolling from window to window, although I did step outside onto the big deck and the back deck.



Fans of snow.



In front of the house, a mysterious trail begins near my mermaid birdbath...



continues...



and comes to an abrupt conclusion in the middle of my rose bed.



Rugosa canes.



In this weather, the birds are never far from the feeders.





While I was birdwatching, the first of our two driveways was plowed.



The Chap went to church this morning, out of duty as much as devotion: there was a Vestry meeting to work on the budget. After our late night, and the lingering Bug, and the snowy weather, I felt it prudent to stay home.

The pre-show reception was well-attended and the bidding at the fundraising auction was amazing. I bid on a couple of items myself, and was the high bidder for one of them! Saw several fellow state representatives, and at least one state senator.

The Capitol Steps were fantastic, nearly all the material and songs were new and quite current--as current as the recent election and the travails of the Illinois governor and the Big Three auto manufacturers bailout. Afterwards I was exhausted and aching for near-constant laughter. But it is the best medicine, they say!

Last night's Full Wolf Moon was beautiful. We saw it while driving to town, behind a hazy veil of light cloud. Magic!

PS To keep strolling, go here. It's worth the click just to see Aisling's banner/blog title photo!


No comments: