"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

From Reps Hall

A quick lunch break blog.

Our Town Elections were yesterday. For the first time in years we passed a town and a school budget, instead of having default budgets.

Also, I am now the only elected official in my household. The Chap's term on the Planning Board ended and the new board members are elected. He will now be home every other Wednesday night. Whether or not I'm also there depends on how long the House sessions last!

I took this photo in the lobby of the Legislative Office Building on Monday, before the subcommittee work session I attended. I was sitting with the Chap when I took it--he'd just finished up with the Stimulus briefing. My honorable car is parked right behind that stack of snow.



And here's a view today. It's rainy and drizzly and as you see, melting has occurred here in the city.



During lunch I walked up and down stairs--3 flights in the State House, both directions. Four flights in the LOB, both directions. A stairwell view.





Bars in the basement of the LOB. Not to keep me in, I remind myself, whenever I feel trapped...to keep me safe!

I think we'll get out before dark today. I have to put in an appearance at a School Board meeting tonight.

I hope my brain won't be too fried for fiction writing later. Or should I say, quality fiction writing.

Ah, here's the House Clerk...Speaker heading in. Gotta shut down the laptop pronto.


No comments: