"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, June 12, 2009

Day to Night

The approach to Chicago's O'Hare airport. Nice day to fly!



After tonight's banquet I had an encounter with Margaret George, keynote speaker for the Historical Novel Society conference.



We have a mutual friend, one of my priest buddies in NH. This photo was taken to prove to him that the 2 Margarets met.

I'm having a blast so far. Happy to be with my tribe. When in her speech, our keynoter described taking covert photographs inside historic places in Britain where photography is prohibited, I almost pumped my fist in the air. In this crowd, that's considered normal behaviour.

Word from the Lodge is that Jewel's not coping too well with my absence. Ruth's her usual cute and cheery self.


No comments: