"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday Stroll: Strolling by Night & Day & Back through Time

Last night fireworks were going off on the opposite shore of the Bay, so I went down to the dock to photograph them. I don't often use the "fireworks" setting on my camera!

But I was momentarily distracted by the full moon.



We'd watched Boston's Esplanade fireworks on television. Then we had our own private exhibition.




This morning is bright but very, very breezy. Here's the cottage.



Down at the dock, the marigolds are blooming in the boat house windowbox.



And right on time, the big white boat comes steaming down the Bay. This time I framed it between two tree trunks.



While here this weekend I arranged for a re-creation of one of my most favourite photos of me here by the Big Lake.

1992



2009



Same shirt (somewhat faded and missing a button or two). Same sneakers. Same cup in hand. Same photographer. No socks. Different trousers (if I had the ones worn in the '92 photo I believe they'd still fit.)

Thanks for visiting. To continue your stroll, go here.


No comments: