"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Back to the Lake

Yesterday was full, as Tuesdays often are. Music lesson. Evening meeting at our church for the entire convocation. We watched this season's final episode of Rescue Me.

This morning the girls and I came to the lake cottage. I was thankful to see that ARRA ("stimulus money") is being used to pave the really bad stretch of Route 28. It was both hazardous for drivers and damaging to cars to have such significant cracking and surface breakage. Not to mention embarrassing to have green grass growing in the cracks of an important north-south state highway! It seems appropriate use of the funds to me because cars from practically every state in the nation can be spotted headed to the Big Lake!

The closed-up house was way colder than the outdoors, but opening a few doors and windows let in the warmer air. A nice walk with Ruth and Jewel warmed me up, too.

Seems like I was just here with my friend. The apple crisp I made when she was here is still in the fridge. I'll probably finish it up today.

There's only one craft on the lake right now, a small sailboat. it really is a lovely, lovely day!



The girls are happy to be back.



The hummingbirds are still here. I wonder for how much longer?


No comments: