"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seeing, Selling, Buying

Quite a busy and pleasant Saturday, and wonderfully sunny.

Spent the first part of the day on travel planning followed by indoor plant preparation for the new season. I re-potted my stephanotis and one of my camellias, pruned my citrus bonsai and my lavender bonsai and another potted lavender. Harvested a lot of rosemary and sage to be dried for winter use. Placed tender potted plants that live outdoors in spring/summer in their autumn/winter quarters.

I then followed the Chap in my car to his office, where we met the fellow who has purchased my Saab. It's going to a good home in a neighbouring state. Now we need a similarly good home for the snow tires and rims.

On the way I paused in the shopping mall parking lot to shoot this tree, which I missed the other day.



We're now down to "only" 3 vehicles.

I had the tour of the C's new personal office which he's now moved into. It's really a nice space and looks larger than I expected even after all the furniture is in place.

We purchased some provisions for ourselves and some dog food. At PetSmart we bought a few other necessities for the girls. A nice new water bowl to go in our renovated master bath (only a year late!) A couple of larger sized nylabones "for powerful chewers." The bowl and the bones have all be used and judged satisfactory. Ruth is gnawing on a nylabone at this very moment.

Tonight, after pizza, we're watching a film, The Namesake which I've wanted to see ever since viewing the preview at the cinema.

I'm dithering over my plans with regard to the Big Lake. Go for the day? Stay overnight?


No comments: