"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sunday Stroll: A Backward Glance

Today I'm keenly conscious of the impending shift. Considering how cool and often wet our so-called summmer has been in New England, it's surprising how serenely I contemplate the nearness of autumn.

On our morning walk I never quite made it past the "chilly" stage, never really warmed up despite the dogs moving me along at a brisk pace.

Today will include summer-y Labor Day Weekend-ish activities--boat ride with near neighbours, bratwurst on the grill. Even though the Chap and I are making the most of these three days of leisure (well, I am writing a lot, too) I'm inclined to glance over my shoulder back at some special moments of the season. Which in some sense comes to an abrupt end tomorrow, although the 21st is still some days off.

So I'm strolling through weeks past. None of these photos has previously been featured on a Sunday.

The first rose



Spawning fish off our dock, Walter and his missus



Independence Dogs



12 Days in Anaheim



My General Convention Family



Our Little Lake



A Favourite Gallica



Snowshoe Hare wearing Summer Brown



A Good Year for Raspberries



One of many Big Lake Sunsets



Enjoying Vieux Montreal



Road-Tripping with Sparkle the Lizard, to Quebec and Maine, in my New Car



Eagle-Spotting on the Kennebec River



Visitor from Afar on M.S. Mt. Washington Cruise on the Big Lake



Still a bit of time left for summer photos.

Thanks for stopping by today. To keep strolling, go here.


No comments: