"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Our 25th



Today the Chap and I are celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary: twenty-five years of marital bliss. Gifts are being exchanged...there are more surprises in store. We've got reservations at the finest restaurant in town. We've got more long-range reservations of all sorts. We're looking back upon our wedding day with much joy and amusement, thinking of loved ones and friends who were present to help us begin this wonderful journey. A few of whom are no longer with us.

Perhaps at dinner tonight we'll re-create the scene below. (Not in the same clothing!)



I shall never cease to be thankful that I met my person when and where I did. So many inexplicable factors and coincidences and sheer luck brought us together. Truly miraculous.


No comments: