"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year's Day

This is how we saw in the New Year--comfortably snuggling at the Lodge.



We enjoyed the traditional ancestral holiday custard.



Today, as ordained by the supersitions by which I was rasied, I began the year as I mean to continue it. Basically that means doing all the things I like doing, and none of the things I dislike! Laughter and fun, quality time with husband and dogs, meeting a friend in Concord for coffee, shopping (buying historical nonfic book and recipe book, some magazines--The Writer & Writer's Digest--music (Lady Gaga's Fame Monster), reading, writing, revising--oh, and blogging.

And lots of gazine upon my massive literary output. Here it is.



Somehow it seems more real when it's printed than when it's just sitting on my hard drive! And really, really big, even 2 pages printed per sheet.

Hope your year is going well, so far!

The flakes are falling in the latest of a series of snows that will culminate in the anticipated big storm arriving tomorrow night. We still don't know exactly what to expect, we're at the mercy of the jet stream and the Atlantic Ocean.


No comments: