"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday Stroll: Saturday Drive

We're basking in a sunny, 50 F degrees weekend. Plenty of melting happening, and a bad case of spring fever for yours truly. I'm able to reach my front rose garden now, and most mornings I visit it. Only part of it is still blanketed by snow. And not for long, I think!

Yesterday we followed our MEP birthday week tradition and headed up to the lake cottage.

Ruth was on her best behaviour because we travelled in my car.



And Jewel was also well-behaved.



Soon as we arrived, they insisted upon their walk--it's what we always do first.



Much to our surprise, we discovered a construction project on our road. A foundation for a new house on a property where the existing house dates from 1907.



After we check out the inside of the cottage, we head down to the dock. The sky was gorgeous.



The ice fishermen's bob houses are gone from our Bay already.

We're very happy to be back on the Big Lake.



Nice backdrop!



Our hillside looks quite bare at this season before leaf-out, we can see most of the cottage from the waterside.



A parting shot of our front yard.



On our way home we picked up Singapore Curry Noodles from Ping's. After supper we watched Wordplay, the awesome and entertaining documentary about the Crossword Puzzle Championships.

After church this morning we washed the Honourable Motorcar. I've named my brown bunny Biff. He goes everywhere with me.



And in the "front yard" of the Lodge--ice fishermen!



They're here every weekend. Makes me nervous, because our ice is beginning to go out!

Thanks for stopping by. To continue strolling, head over to Aisling's blog.


No comments: