"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What Day Is It?

Sorry I haven't been able to provide any "content" in this space. My time is ruled primarily by a fairly intense legislative calendar as the House of Representatives debates its way towards Crossover Day, so there's not much "content" to my real life. And whatever hours I did have to myself were devoted to the manuscript, which doesn't make for interesting blogging...but did move me past another milestone which I shall report on very soon.

My Friend From The North Country has concluded her three weeks in the Holy Land. There's a sidebar link to her blog but I'm posting one here, because her experiences and perceptions are so interesting, as well as so beautifully and sensitively written and illustrated, that they deserve to be pointed out.

White Mountain Musings


And I shall return in the very near future. Like maybe tomorrow!


No comments: