"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Easy Living



No, I don't actually own a pair of bunny slippers. I've got some sock monkey slippers and woollen clogs and mukkluks. They've all been getting a lot of use lately by this lady of leisure. I spend my time knitting, reading, on not-very-arduous research and trip planning, in the jacuzzi, cooking and baking. I'm trying out at least 2 new recipes a week, all of them wonderful so far and now added to the repertoire.

Oh, and I have the occasional chat-up with a reporter about the Bishop's announcement. Most recently, it was for an LA Times article.

My official legislative Vice Chair licence plates have been removed from my Honourable vehicle. On Thursday I enjoyed some anonymous, apolitical driving round the Capitol Region. I could've left them on till the end of the year...but what would be the point? I'm no longer doing anything official.

Our Friend From the North Country and her husband are honeymooning in Rome, and having a terrific time sightseeing. About time they had a wedding trip, they've been married since late July! She's suppposed to update her blog with travel pics.... She hasn't posted since her trip to Jerusalem, where she got all distracted by falling in love!

We've been enjoying some really nice weather, mild and bright. It won't last, but it's certainly pleasant while it does.

The Chap donated one of the woollen scarves I knitted to a winter-themed gift basket put together by his department at work. I hope the recipient enjoys it.

We finally got round to watching the Keira Knightley/Ralph Fiennes film, The Duchess. I happen to be extremely familiar with the source material, having researched Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire and her contemporaries in society and in the theatrical realm. The film was lovely to look at. The facts that got left out would've made a much better story, but it was sufficient entertainment for a Saturday evening at the Lodge. Ruth and Jewel slept through it, except when the Duke's dogs were barking.

I intend to blog more than once a week. No, really!


No comments: