"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Day



This happy morning dawned bright and much warmer, melting memories of yesterday's snow. Dressed in our Easter best, we joined our fellow parishioners at church...the Chap read the first lesson and passed the collection plate for the Offertory. I took photographs. Our church was fragrant and colourful, decked with hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, and many white lilies.

Flowers were blooming outdoors as well.



After the service we hastened to the lake cottage for opening-up tasks. I did lots of groundskeeping--raking leaves and pine needles--as well as sweeping the screened porch and arranging its furniture.

By the time we left, the place was ready for human habitation. I was planning to move in with the girls for part of this week... until I saw a long-range weather forecast. Looks rather rainy, not good for being outdoors, so now I'm unsure.

While we were there, the marine patrol passed by. I suppose they were checking to see that we were behaving ourselves!




No comments: