"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Friday, June 24, 2011

Even More Roses

Was it the cool spring weather, with plenty of rain? The abundant snow cover of the seemingly endless winter? I don't know the reason, but the roses are especially splendid this year.

Here's' John Davis, a pink climber, a re-bloomer, not an antique, added a few years ago as a tall central focal point. I can't imagine the garden without it.



It's the time of year when I think I don't have enough flower vases. (It's not true, I do have more than enough, a variety of shapes and sizes.)



But for maximum impact, I eschewed vases altogether and "re-purposed" a tall silver ice bucket with glass insert, a family heirloom.




No comments: