"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Fauna, Fowl, Family, & Flora



In fact, it was the sheep who were stalking me--they surrounded the car in a country lane!

After leaving Bristol environs, I spent time in Three Counties: Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, and Herefordshire. Cider country, sheep country, pheasant country...



...and land of my forbears. One of my ancestors was church warden at this Worcestershire parish church. He was also a Captain of Horse in the Royalist Army, fighting with and for King Charles I.



On 4 October, 1649 an ancestress of mine was christened at this font in a different church in a neighbouring village. She grew up to become the daughter-in-law of the aforementioned warden and cavalry officer.



Fallow deer in the Deer Park at Stonor.



The Rose Garden at Sudeley Castle.



I have so many photographs, this is merely a selection. I was too busy to do much blogging.


No comments: