"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Sunday, March 04, 2012

"March Forth!" Pt 2



Bit of a change from the previous photo. I'm fully dressed, and beside water rather than in it.

We often make our winter visit to the cottage on the Big Lake on my birthday, and after church that was our destination. The snow cover was navigable, and in our snow boots we had no difficulty walking from the car down the path to the cottage.



It's colder inside the house than outside, so we didn't linger but headed down to the dock. A very still day, no breeze, and the sunshine sometimes peeked throught the clouds. The house is much more visible at this season than when summer foliage is out.



Much more open water than is common at this time of year. No bob houses in our "front yard", meaning no ice fisherman. No snow machines. We did see them at the tip of the Bay, but the seasonal airplane landing strip isn't there.



Sometmes we had blue sky, which made a lovely reflection.



"Here I am! On my birthday!"



I enjoyed my usual pastime of tossing pebbles onto the ice shelf. Then we marched through the snow back to the car and went to Wolfeboro. Some friends met us for my birthday lunch at the awesome and ever-delicious El Centenario. I ordered a margarita. It seemed appropriate.

Now back home, enjoying a different but equally delicious special beverage. There is birthday cake. And I have many gifts to admire and enjoy. And there have been telephone calls from family and friends, much appreciated!

Truly a wonderful day.


No comments: