"It was imprudent of us, in the first place, to become authors. We could have become something regular, but we managed not to.
We were lucky, but we were also determined." Roy Blount Jr

"I don’t change the facts to enhance the drama. I think of it the other way round, the drama has got to fit the facts,
and it’s your job as a writer to find the shape in real life."
Hilary Mantel

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Saturday at the Farm

The Chap and I have a friend who is a priest and canon, a writer and potter. On Saturday we went to lunch at his farm.



His dog, much larger than my girls!



Before and after lunch, we and the other guests had a chance to throw pots in our hosts studio. This was my first time doing it, and my hopes weren't terribly high.



But with good guidance and instruction, I had caused to be pleased with my efforts.



Done!



It joined the other drying pots, awaiting the glaze (a celadon colour) and firing.



No comments: